Maintaining balance and positive energy
It takes a little more effort and commitment to remain grounded and embrace this time of year, which is supposed to be full of peace and happiness. This year I am taking a bigger step into finding a little time each day to regroup, meditate and find balance. For me, I find as I get older my mind and body gets filled with more anxiety, the feeling of needing to nurture more and do more. Most in part is a big thanks to the over whelming and never ending social media hitting us every second of the day. Instead of starting the new year with resolutions, I have decided to enter the Holiday season with a few reminders of what I need to do to be healthy, happy, loving and bring positive energy to those around me.
- Stay positive
- Wake up each morning being grateful for the day ahead
- Meditate 10 minutes each morning and evening
- Start each day with a warm cup of water, honey and lemon
- Engage in some type of exercise that increase my heart rate and blood flow
- Try not to be super woman, say no, say yes and do not feel guilty
- Embrace love, make love, feel loved
- Do not over indulge in the holiday temptations of food and drink
- Light an aromic candle, listen to uplifting music
- live, love life to the fullest
The holiday season brings on some travel and changes in our day to day schedule. Do a little research if you are traveling and try to find a yoga studio, pilates, or a beautiful hiking trail.
Here is how my Thanksgiving week went
Traveled from New York to Eagle Rock to be with my sons Jack and Ryan…and my beautiful lab Guinness…