SIMPLE RUSTIC PIZZA WITH CAULIFLOWER
“NO YEAST REQUIRED”
(TOTAL TIME APPROX. 30 MINUTES)
This is SO easy, delicious and light! I now have two pizzette dough recipes I love. My go-to recipe since around 1989 is the Olive Oil Tart posted on the blog 6/16/20. There is nothing more rewarding than having a room temperature or straight out of the oven main course served
with a salad in 30 minutes! Once you get the dough mastered…be creative! This is just one option…I will post more as I dig into creating other simple rustic pizza recipes!
Preheat oven to 400F
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 3 tsps baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 3/4 cups warm water (approx)
• 1 tblspn olive oil
• 1/2 cup Provencal Tomato Sauce (recipe in blog). or 1/2 cup Organic tomato sauce
• 6 cauliflower florets sliced thinly on a Mandoline slicer (one of my favorite kitchen tools)
• 2 garlic cloves – minced
• 1/2 grated parmesan
• 1 tblspn fresh herbs – rosemary, oregano, thyme, etc. – your choice
• 1/4 cup pitted black olives
• 1 roasted pepper coarsely chopped (optional)
• chili pepper flakes (always a go-to for me)
• basil to garnish
• In a sauté pan heat a little olive oil and cook the cauliflower for a few minutes just till it is al dente. Add in garlic and cook another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
• Combine the water and oil in a mixing cup
• Slowly add the water mixture to the flour mixture….just until the dough is soft and not sticky
• Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula mix until the dough is soft. Add a splash of water if the dough is dry. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to approximately 10”.
• Transfer the dough to a nonstick pizza stone or cast iron (which is what I used). Slightly pinch around the corners to create a barrier for the ingredients.
• Gently Spread tomato sauce
• Mix cauliflower, parmesan and herbs and spread on top of the pizza. Sprinkle on top olives and roasted red pepper.
Baker for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wooden board and enjoy with an arugula salad.