Soy Braised Black Sea Bass
With mushrooms, black rice, and crispy broccolini
Beautiful dinner ready in 30 minutes!!!
I came across this Bon Appétit recipe earlier this month and I am so delighted I saved it. Quick, easy, so delicious, and ready in 30 minutes.
You almost never need to refer to the recipe after the first time you make it
as it is so easy and simple. I have made it twice now once with the Black
Sea Bass and again with grouper.
Heat oven 350F for broccolini
1. 2 lbs. 4 black sea bass filets (skin on) or 4 grouper filets- pat dry and set
2. 2 cups broccolini florets – trimmed 2” pieces with leaves…wash and
place on cookie sheet. Bake in oven @350F for 20 minutes. This needs
no oil or seasoning. Comes out so beautiful with a tasty roasted finish.
3. 1 cup black rice – rinse – in a medium saucepan bring 1 3/4 cups of
water & 2 tablespoons coconut oil to a boil add 1 cup of rice and simmer
30 minutes. **FAVORITE BLACK RICE! Can be found at whole foods or online
4. Meanwhile, In a saucepan (big enough to simmer the fish in one layer)
add the following ingredients and simmer over medium heat until it bubbles, approximately 3-4 minutes
3 cloves of garlic – sliced thin
1 jalapeno (or similar spicy pepper) sliced thinly and seeded
1 cup assorted mushrooms sliced thinly
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce
3 tablespoon mirin
2 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
5. Finally, add in fish and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip filets and cook for
another 2-3 minutes.
In individual bowls, spread the black rice, then the broccolini, and finish fish. Top with a little of the sauce on each dish.